Sunday, February 10, 2013

January 18 (Friday) Day 2 - We woke up early at around 5 o'clock in the morning since we planned on taking a walk around Burnham Park. I was so excited to feel the cold morning breeze, so we went out at 6 o'clock. As we entered Burnham Park, the cold breeze greeted us and touched our cheeks. So, I told myself " I miss this feeling and I've been longing for this for years."

After a nice picture with our hotel on the background, we continued walking to look for new things inside the park. There's not much of changes, but it's good to see this...

 (Burnham Park under major renovation)

Then, we continued walking and taking pictures as we pass along nice views. After a few minutes, people start to arrive for their daily dose of exercise. 

 (Taebo session in progress)

While watching them, we noticed something new to our eyes.

 (Hubby eating strawberry taho)

At around 7:30 in the morning, we decided to go back for breakfast. Then, we headed to my alma mater (SLU), to visit a person, who helped me tremendously during my college days. We invited her and the whole family for dinner as a way of showing my gratitude for being helping me without asking anything in return. Of course, I did not fail to visit the university chapel, where so many memories were made.

Since it was only around 9:30 in the morning, we decided to visit the market place to buy some "pasalubong" for the family. As usual, we did not miss buying brooms, coffee, strawberry, choco flakes, and a lot more. After that, we headed back to the hotel to prepare for our Treetop Adventure! It was indeed a nice experience :)

After this exciting adventure, it's time to go back to the hotel and rest. We arrived at around 5 o'clock in the afternoon, so we took the time to rest and prepare for the scheduled dinner.

I owe a lot to this family. They are one of the people, whom I will never forget.

We shared a simple dinner and after that, a cup of hot coffee filled our stomach. Taken at Cafe by the Ruins :)

After having endless laughter and stories, we retired for the night. At around 9 in the evening, we all decided to rest. This night was one of the best! 

Once we arrived at our hotel room, I still felt hyper that I could not sleep early. I was so happy to see these people after several years. I hope I made them all happy :)

No comments: