Tuesday, March 10, 2009

a LittLe SaCriFiCe gOes a LoNg wAy ...

Four days ago, I received a call from my friend. She told me to start processing my requirements so I can start with my new job. I was so excited since its been a few months since I resigned. I really want to finish everything so I sacrificed my special day. Would you believe that I was having my pre employment physical exam exactly on my birthday? hahaha

I really felt so productive yesterday. I was walking here and there under the heat of the sun. When I reached to the last step - general check up, I was diagnosed to be hypertensive.
What? I can't believe that I have 150/110 BP! I told the doctor that I was walking under the sun and was tired that time. After a few minutes, she asked me to have my BP checked again. For the second time, the assistant started to pump the valve and was surprised that my BP even got higher. This time, it was 160/110. I can't believe it! All this time, I thought I have maintained my normal BP which used to be 120/90. So, the doctor had no choice but to give me some maintenance meds. Until now, I am having second thoughts if I should take them or not. At the age of 28, I don't wanna be like the old persons taking maintenance meds for hypertension. So, my plan is this. I will monitor my BP for another day just to check if it will remain at 150/110. If not, then I am off the hook :) But, if it is still the same then I think I have no choice but to take my meds. Poor me!

GOD is really good. HE always answer my prayers. My unemployed status came to an end. Anytime soon I will start my training at Western Union. This is a new environment for me but an additional experience. I just hope and pray that I can be good in whatever tasks to be given to me.

4 comments:

AiDiSan said...

i've been eyeing on applying in western union, i really wonder if that company provides good compensation package considering it has branches all over the world and still growing. i think your the right person to ask.

AiDiSan said...

Hi JB,

You can email me at jacamom@gmail.com. I'll wait for your reply:)

nahj12 said...

Hi sis.. glad to hear about your new job.. o nanu? wer ka king western union ngeni? masanting ba? tuki ku.. hehe :).. jogging is fine.. still trying to keep my self up.. :)

Jules said...

Glad to hear that you have a new job..;D Have a nice day..